Frequently Asked Questions
• Q: Is it easy to build my crib? What if I need help?
A: Our cribs are super easy to assemble. If you get stuck, try reading through the manual again. Can’t find it? Download another copy here. Sometimes it’s just easier to watch someone else in action. Our four-minute video will walk you through assembling your crib; check it out here. Depending on your Internet connection speed, it may take a couple of minutes to load on your computer. If you still have questions, give us a call at 1-800-515-4056 and we'll help you through it.
• Q: What if the bolts and holes don't line up?
A: It’s best to keep it loose to align everything and then tighten everything at the end. DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY BOLTS UNTIL THE FINAL STEP< THIS ALLOWS THE SQUAR OF THE CRIB TO LINE UP...IF YOU TIGHTEN AS YOU GO, YOU WILL HAVE DIFFICULTY SQUARING UP.
• Q: What do I do if I am missing a part?
A: If you’re missing a part, just call our customer service department at 1-800-515-4056 and we will ship the part off to you free of charge. When calling, please let the representative know the furniture collection and product type (crib, changing table, etc.). We may ask you to describe the missing part so we can confirm what you need before it's sent off to you.
• Q: Where can I purchase a Lolly & Me crib and/or changer?
A: Lolly & Me products are available through Target, online athttp://www.target.com/s/lolly+&+me.
• Q: How long can my baby sleep in a crib?
A: When your child is able to climb out of the crib or reaches a height of 35” (90cm), it’s time to transition your tot into a toddler bed.
• Q: When should I change my mattress height?
A: When your child is able to pull to a standing position, set the mattress to the lowest position. When your child moves to a toddler bed, move the mattress height to the lowest position so your toddler can get in and out of it.
• Q: Is there only one crib mattress size?
A: The standard crib mattress size is 51.5” L x 27.5” W x 6” H. There are other sizes out there, so be sure you get a standard crib mattress with a height no greater than 5” and not less than 4”.
• Q: What is the standard size of a change table pad?
A: 36" L x 16" W x 1” H
• Q: What are the dimensions of the standard full-size mattress to be used in fourth conversion?
A: The standard full-size mattress dimensions are 54” W x 75” L X 8” H.
• Q: What makes your products "Eco-Friendly" and “Earth Smart”?
A: We build green, earth-friendly practices into every step phase of production—from construction to packaging and recycling. All of our Eco-Collection products are made from high-grade solid ash hardwood and recycled plywood components. We use only the finest hardwoods, responsibly cut and locally harvested from eco-managed forests located within 200 miles of our factory in Michigan. The finishes in our Eco-Collection products are non-toxic, water-based and low-VOC. All our packaging is earth-friendly; you won’t find any Styrofoam or plastic bags in your shipment! Instead, we use recycled paper, cardboard boxes and honeycomb packing material. Lastly, our factory recycles 100% of its waste, putting the sawdust to use as a heat source and as animal bedding at local farms.
• Q: Is the lumber used in constructing the Eco-Friendly Collection from renewable forests?
A: Yes, it’s responsibly cut and locally harvested from eco-managed forests located within 200 miles of our factory in Michigan.
• Q: What's the best way to clean the finish of my crib?
A: Just use mild soap and water, and wipe dry.
• Q: My child is teething. Can the finish come off or wear off? Will it hurt my child?
A: Our two- and three-step finishes are water based and non-toxic and won’t hurt your child.
• Q: How can I be sure I’ll like the color of my crib before I order it?
A: Feel free to ask us for a color chip. Call our customer service department at 1-800-515-4056 and we’ll mail one to you for review.
• Q: What makes the safety bolt safe?
A: Our U.S.-made cribs use a Lock-Tight system. There is a non-toxic chemical painted on the tip, so that when you tighten the bolt, it locks in place. You’ll see it on the end of each bolt. Our imported cribs use bolts with teeth on the underside of the head, which dig into the wood and lock into place when tightened.
• Q: What is JPMA?
A: Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association, an organization dedicated to enhancing children’s product safety.
• Q: How do I convert my crib to a toddler bed, day bed or full size bed?
A: Converting your crib is easier than you might imagine. We’ve put together an instructional video that will walk you through the steps. Check it out here. Depending on your Internet connection speed, it may take a couple of minutes to load on your computer.
• Q: Is it safe to add casters on the feet of my baby's crib?
A: No, we do not recommend adding casters to your baby’s crib.